[nycbug-talk] BSDCan things. . .

George george
Mon May 16 00:03:25 EDT 2005

Just got home a little bit ago. . . what a weekend.

So much to talk about, yet exhausted.

Some excellent meetings and topics, such as the SEBSD meeting.  Ike's
meeting on jails was awesome. . . *very* entertaining.

He's officially launched jailing.net, and a good number of people have
signed up.  We had some very engaging discussions on jails, and it's
clear that NYC*BUG can become a serious think-tank on their development.

As always, the informal discussions were best.  We/I spent a lot of time
with the OBSD developers, including Henning whose laptop I purchased in
proxy, and the $600 donated to the Hackathon were very appreciated.
Thanks to all who contributed.  It's part of NYCBUG playing a critical
role in supporting the community.

Lots of justified excitement in the community coming out of BSDCan.
Particularly great was the discussions with the Poles, the guys from
General Dynamics in Canada, and as always, Dru and Michael Lucas.

There's more to say, including some good details, but my liver is in
recovery, and I'm dead.