[nycbug-talk] spamd

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Fri May 20 11:28:01 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 11:05:29AM -0400, Ray wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 10:20:47AM -0400, michael wrote:
> > I am updating a mail gateway that runs with tools added to fight spam:
> > amavisd-clamav-spamassassin-etc. I have been pretty satisfied with the
> > results.  Now, I am going to add spamd(8) to the mix and wanted
> > opinions.  Do I really need to run all that extra stuff?
>
> I'm assuming you mean OpenBSD's spam trapping daemon and not the
> spamd that comes with SpamAssassin.

Just otu of curiousity, is /usr/ports/mail/spamd on FreeBSD yet a
third spamd? Or is it the same thing as the OpenBSD spamd?

The web site from pkg-descr is http://www.benzedrine.cx/relaydb.html if
that helps.

-T

--
Page xxviii: I am sure that no one ever decides to learn Unix just to
experience beauty. We choose to use Unix for practical reasons:  to do