[nycbug-talk] spamd

michael lists
Fri May 20 11:54:07 EDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:05:29 -0400
Ray <nycbug at cyth.net> wrote:

> I use spamd exclusively and get about ten spam a day now.  Before
> that I got several hundred.  If I used any other filtering methods
> I could probably remove those ten as well, but it's come to a point
> where it just doesn't bother me anymore.  Simplicity is best.

yea, I wasn't clear.  I meant OpenBSD spamd (trap, pit, etc) as a
replacement for all the other stuff I was doing.  The above testimony
was what I was looking for.

My concerns are: Is spamd alone enough? By design, spamd delays email
from first time senders.  Is that acceptable to users in a coporate
environment?  Obviously, I would set up a white list of known senders
to begin with.

Does anyone run it, and the greylisting, exclusively?

Michael

--
---

--