[nycbug-talk] interesting read

Dru dlavigne6
Sat May 21 15:09:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> On Sat, 21 May 2005, Dru wrote:
>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/yaztromo/iblog/C721686556/E320292175/
> Frankly, in healthcare, for life-critical applications, there isn't all
> that much benefit for going with open sores.
>
> I'll ask you this: Will you trust your life to an open-source application?

Let's keep in mind that the trustworthiness of a life-critical
application has everything to do with how that program was written and
absolutely nothing to do with the license under which it was released.

Given the choice:

As an American I'd rather see my medical tax dollars spent on creating a
national healthcare program than being used to pay for software licensing.

As a Canadian, I'd rather see my medical tax dollars spent on paying
doctors (in my area 1 in 5 persons has a family doctor) and reducing the
waiting times for emergency rooms and surgeries than being used to pay for
software licensing.

Dru