[nycbug-talk] interesting read

Matthew Terenzio matt
Sat May 21 16:39:16 EDT 2005

I don't understand the whole argument. If the general consensus in the
Healthcare industry was that a certain product was best and it was open
source, I'd trust my life to it. If it was closed source, I would too.
There is no necessary relationship between license and quality, but
many here probably feel that peer review makes better software. It's
just probably not that likely that a community would grow around a
pacemaker product because they are all building real important things
like Podcasters. : )