[nycbug-talk] looking for not needed computers

Robert Zagarello bzag0
Sat May 21 20:32:12 EDT 2005

Try buying a Dell Optiplex GX110 Tower or Desktop on
eBay.  They are selling anywhere from $50 to $90 plus
shipping, typically $25 to $35.  I've been installing
NetBSD and FreeBSD on them with no problems.  They
typically come with a minimum of: 20 GB HD, 128 MB
PC100 RAM, and 866 to 933 MHz Pentium III CPU (any
higher then they get more expensive).  Look for high
positive ratings (>= 98%) and you won't go wrong.  The
last few PCs I've bought from the seller "wildinmn" -
you can find my (buyer-only) ratings there, too (under
"bzag0").

Good luck if you choose to do this.  P.S.  I didn't
have much money, either !

BZAG