[nycbug-talk] looking for not needed computers

pete wright nomadlogic
Sun May 22 01:57:06 EDT 2005

On 5/21/05, dnsa at o2.pl <dnsa at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm 15, and I'm looking for some not needed computers
> I don't have enough money to buy a new one, but i think
> i would have enough money to buy a "second-hand"
> The purpose of that is, that I would like to practice and expand
> my administrator skills on fbsd and obsd to get a good job in the
> future, currently I have one computer at home with already
> installed fbsd, but I need it for a work station, mainly is used
> for school <projects, homeworks, essays>

If you are interested in getting an account on a unix host I would check out:

http://freeshell.org/

It is a very active netbsd based group that provides shell access.
While you do have to pay some money to get a fully functional account
(~$30 U.S.) it is a bargin when compared to having full on 'net access
etc.  While you will not be learning how to build systems on this
host, it is an ideal place to brush up on shell/perl/python/php
scripting.  As far as second hand machines, I believe e-bay has just
opened a polish specific site.  I am sure you may be able to get an
older pentium class system from there.

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~