[nycbug-talk] switch

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz
Wed May 25 13:17:21 EDT 2005

On 05/25/05 11:51 AM, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
>>We are in the market for a switch to put in a small colo presence. Does
>>anyone have any recommendations.  One suggestion made to me was:
>>http://www.netgear.com/products/details/GS516T.php
> If you are going with ghetto equipment, use dell (3324/3348). They are
> cheapest of the ghetto ones.

Agreed, I've had good experiences with both the NG and the Dell
switches. For low-end stuff, they're just fine workhorses.
My experience is over a dozen NG switches over 3 years, and dell
switches in "production" for about 2.

> Otherwise, Cisco 2924xl are cheap on secondary market or 2950T

Do the second-hand 2924 do GigE?

> -alex

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman     jbaltz at 3phasecomputing.com         KE3ML
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.