[nycbug-talk] simple dns needs

michael lists
Wed Nov 2 09:00:06 EST 2005

I have a client that needs some DNS entries but really doesn't need a
full blown bind installation.  Most of the time, for small cases like
this, just setting entry at the registrar is enough, but this is
different.

They are mirroring their website at several locations in N. America and
a few internationally.  The functionality needed is round robin style
hits on the web servers to reduce load and provide failover if one is
down.

I have successfully used zonedit.com service in the past.   This seems
simple enough and covers the requirements.  Before I implement it, can
anyone else provide success/horror stories with that service.. or even a
different solution?

Michael