[nycbug-talk] FBSD 6.0?

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Nov 7 11:49:56 EST 2005

Hey All,

On Nov 7, 2005, at 11:28 AM, pete wright wrote:

> On 11/7/05, Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, pete wright wrote:
>>

>>> I'm hoping to have atleast ISO images mirrored for nycbug folks
>>> when this
>>> release goes live....i'll drop more details when they are avail.
>>>

>> We could do torrents of the ISO.
>> Don't recall address, but in the past I was able to get torrents
>> of the
>> images.

Seems to me that the Torrents totally beat ftp downloads, even over
fast backbones, for new releases.  The speeed is totally sick.

> Yea I was seeding some torrents for a while.  the .torrent files are
> now being included by default with releases (there is a link provided
> in the annoucement).
> -pete

Same here this weekend, thanks to Pete's great tutorial here:

http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library&SUBM=86

--
This weekend I loaded up a fistfull of torrents from my humble boxes
in colo, but had to budget my bandwidth:

This was my line for all torrents, so I cold keep all 17 torrents
seeding, while still hovering around 2mbit, more or less:

btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 50 --max_allow_in 5 6.0-RELEASE-
i386-all.torrent

This line is to just let it bloody rip, and I quickly spiked up over
45mbit with just the i386 torrents <g> (not a good thing if you pay
per mbit :):

btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 0 6.0-RELEASE-i386-all.torrent

--
Thanks again Pete for posting that tutorial, I had all seeds running
and contained in about 10 minutes!

Rocket-
.ike