[nycbug-talk] Re: TinyBSD

Patrick Tracanelli eksffa
Wed Nov 16 15:21:06 EST 2005

samwun at telpacific.com.au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does any one know any low-cost SBC for FreeBSD? Soekie is too expensive
> for my project. I m looking for a low-cost SBC under $100 USD or even
> lower, around $70 USD. SBC from ARML**** is selling very cheap, but
> unfortunately FreeBSD does not have a completed port to ARM yet. I won't
> use netbsd because it doesn't even recognise my SCSI card/hard disk.
>
> Thanks
> Sam.

Sam, I run TinyBSD with Soekris and WRAP. You can find Wrap boards from
$80 to 130 $USD.

http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm

In Canada there is an online store which sells you WRAP at $100 dollars
each board, if you buy at least 10 boards. It is xagyl.com. There are
other online stores, with lower prices, but I personally never bought it
online.

In Bostom there is a small computer shop where I bought it at $80USD
each. Bought 3. Could have had 6% discount if buying above 5 units. I
can send you this stores' phone #. I don't know if they have a Web site.
I don't think they do, it is a really small place.

Anyway WRAP is an alternative, check for it. It runs AMD Geode SC1100
processor. Maybe you can find even lower prices than the $80,00 I found.
In this canse let us know ;-)

--
Patrick Tracanelli

FreeBSD Brasil LTDA.