[nycbug-talk] NFS Client for Windows

Jonathan jonathan
Wed Nov 16 19:22:30 EST 2005

Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Jonathan wrote:
>
>> nice to have access to the files shared from my server.  I know I
>> could set up Samba on the server but I would rather avoid that if
>> possible.
>

>  From the windows machine you could use WinSCP to move files.

I was trying to avoid that, my whole idea with sharing was for convience
so I would not have to maintain separate copies and copy back and forth.
  FWIW I did get samba set up now I just have to get it secured so the
whole world is not trying to get into the server.  My only gripe with
Samba so far is you have to use cleartext passwords over the network
with PAM or maintain a separate userdb :P

Jonathan