[nycbug-talk] greylisting recommendations

Dru dlavigne6
Wed Nov 16 20:56:59 EST 2005

I'm considering greylisting in addition to postfix's built-in UCE
capabilities. I see there are many more FreeBSD packages since the
last time I researched this:

postfix-policyd-sf
postgrey
sqlgrey
tumgreyspf
spamd

Any favourites in this list as in easy-to-learn and configure and
effective at fighting SPAM? Or are their better others I didn't mention?

Ideally, I'd like something that doesn't require a bunch of software to do
its thing (which is why I'd like to move away from SpamAssassin).

Are those that require a database worth the overhead of a database?

Is spamd on FreeBSD worth the time it will take me to learn pf?

Dru