[nycbug-talk] favourite monitoring tools

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Tue Nov 22 22:07:55 EST 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 9:38 PM, pete wright wrote:

> Along the lines of using a tool to manage the configs I found that
> this seemed the most realistic to use.  It is also a commercial
> product as well.  We did not use it, as the work of merging all of our
> configuration data into this web ap. seemed to be more work that it
> was worth (and I'm not a huge fan of stuff that locks you into a web
> only interface).
>
> http://itgroundwork.com/products/gwm-architect.html

+.5 for nagios and +.5 for monarch.
I switched to monarch (basically gwm-architect, not sure of the
difference) from nagat.  Builds your config scripts into a staging
area and runs a test from there before committing.

Also, played around with fruity before this, which has a nice
interface but had some problems importing our configs.  Seems the
developer for this got hired by the company that makes gwm-architect.

-Bjorn