[nycbug-talk] favourite monitoring tools

N.J. Thomas njt
Wed Nov 23 11:20:18 EST 2005

* Rick Aliwalas <rick at cuc.com> [2005-11-23 10:43:45 -0500]:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Dru wrote:
>
> > I have a client who is torn between spending $1995 on a commercial
> > monitoring package that only installs on Windows or an Open Source
> > solution which will run on his FreeBSD servers.
>
> I'm implmenting Hobbit for a network somewhat the same size as above.
> It's easy to configure so far has worked well.  If you're familiar
> with Big Brother, the transition is easy.
>
> 	http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/

The site seems to be down at the moment. Is Hobbit a standalone package
or does it require BB?

We run our monitoring system on BigBrother/FreeBSD, but I'm eyeing
Nagios -- BB is starting to show its age and inability to scale
properly.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas