[nycbug-talk] su -

michael lists
Fri Nov 25 13:18:37 EST 2005

On a fresh FreeBSD 6.0 install (w/ xorg), I added my local user to
wheel.  From another box, I can ssh to the local user then su to root.
I can log into the console as the local user and su to root... but when
running xorg as a local user, I can NOT su to root in xterm. I turned
on pam warnings, but still no clue.  I've google around and can find the
problem answered.  Any ideas?

I don't normally log in as root.  During the first few days of software
installation and configuration, it is just easier.
--

Michael