[nycbug-talk] back to network monitoring tools

George Georgalis george
Sun Nov 27 08:11:21 EST 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:26:09PM -0500, Okan Demirmen wrote:
>On Sat 2005.11.26 at 13:04 -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
>> Regarding the earlier discussion about network monitoring. . .
>
>i'll toss one in: monit - http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

I never heard of that, but if you can swallow your pride, mon has
a really excellent scheduler and alert process, it's a perl daemon
simple enough to setup in an hour, but designed to deploy in more
complex ways. comes with cgi and snmp resources too.

http://kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/

intro in the html directory...

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org