[nycbug-talk] snmp/mrtg/rrd, etc and the medical world.

Steve Rieger steve.rieger
Mon Nov 28 13:52:02 EST 2005

hi all
since its getting close to the holidays, and we all go to parties,
during this time of the year, i will pose a questions for you. one
that shall not be thought of whilst at work but rather only after
tasting the joys of a bit of etoh.

sonce mrtg, rrd, and snmp do such a good job of telling us and
mapping everything that occurs with many devices, i would like to add
one device to this list. a heart. now imagine if a doc, or a network
admin has the ability to log into a web page and can see what your
heart rate is, what your blood pressure is, along with a history
going back 90 days. in my opinion this could be very much the "next
big thing". lets go one step further and set up a snmp trap, every 14
beats of the heart, it sends a trap to one central heart trapping
device, which takes this info maps it, graphs it, and pages the
appropriate people if no trap was received for more than 3 cycles.

we would then be able to prove that java does have a very beneficial
effect on the state of mind, as its all mapped. it would let us know
how long between drinking a 27 ounce cup'o'java and the time it takes
the bladder to fill up, mrtg will graph this with the help of rrd as
well.

anyways, do not ponder your valuable time on this now, but rather
while at the holiday party, because thats when it will start making
sense.

oh and on a side note. i am moving to the west coast on dec 17. i
wish you all happy days, weeks, months, and years. i will continue to
post totally off topic for as long as you let me. it was nice meeting
you, and in the future we shall communicate long distance only.
shouuld any of you decide to pop into LA, do drop me a line.

Steve Rieger
Cell      646-335-8915
Office   212 804 1131
Fax       212 804 1200
AIM      chozrim
Yahoo riegersteve

if ((light eq dark) && (dark eq light)
    && ($blaze_of_night{moon} == black_hole)
    && ($ravens_wing{bright} == $tin{bright})){
  my $love = $you = $sin{darkness} + 1;
};