[nycbug-talk] OpenOffice 2.0 on FreeBSD 6.0 Build Failure (gconf2)

George R. george
Tue Nov 29 15:12:18 EST 2005

Kevin Reiter wrote:
> George R. wrote:
>
>> Kevin Reiter wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I'm attempting to install OpenOffice.org 2.0 in FreeBSD 6.0.  I
>>> didn't have any problems until after getting Java installed, when it
>>> moved onto gconf2:
>>>
>>> ===>   openoffice.org-2.0.0_1 depends on shared library: gconf-2.5 -
>>> not found
>>> ===>    Verifying install for gconf-2.5 in /usr/ports/devel/gconf2
>>> ===>  gconf2-2.12.1 is marked as broken: Unknown component ltverhack.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gconf2.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> I ran a cvsup last night, so the ports tree is recent as of then.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know a workaround/fix/suggestion for this?  I have
>>> portaudit installed, which is what I'm guessing is stopping the
>>> build, although I could be wrong.  Is there a way to bypass the check
>>> for this if that's the case?
>>

>> I dealt with this a while ago, and think I had to manually delete
>> gconf2 (and maybe other dependencies as this happened), and let OOo
>> reinstall on its own.
>>
>> That's my usual procedure on the rare happening that a port doesn't
>> install right.
>>
>> can't wait for the OOo2 pkg to be out. . .
>

> kevin at zeus [~]$ pkg_info | grep gconf2
> kevin at zeus [~]$ pkg_info | grep gconf
> pkgconfig-0.17.2    A utility to retrieve information about installed
> libraries
> kevin at zeus [~]$
>
> I'd delete it if it were installed, but it ain't..
>
> Yeah, I'm with you on the pacjage for it, although I don't normally use
> packages, but for this and a few others, I'd jump on 'em.

then try adding as a pkg

pkg_add -r gconf2

i don't remember the exact solutions, but I did manage to pull off the
install of OOo2, albeit after a long long time on a PIV 1.7 with 1 gig.

For better or worse, screwey ports and pkgs can usually be managed with
a selective mix of port make deinstall (s) and adding dependencies as pkgs.