[nycbug-talk] Another bild problem (Thunderbird 1.0.7)

Kevin Reiter tux
Tue Nov 29 16:20:24 EST 2005

George R. wrote:
> Kevin Reiter wrote:
>
>> Kevin Reiter wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Another build problem, this time with Thunderbird:
>>>
>>> ===>   thunderbird-1.0.7_1 depends on shared library: gtk-x11-2.0.600
>>> - not found
>>> ===>    Verifying install for gtk-x11-2.0.600 in
>>> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20
>>> ===>  gtk-2.8.8 is marked as broken: Unknown component ltverhack.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
>>>
>>> I'm seeing the same thing for bild build fails: "Unknown component
>>> ltverhack"
>>>
>>> Googling for this only returned a bunch of pages on freshports.org
>>>
>>> Note that I _do_not_ have Gnome installed (and won't if I can avoid
>>> it)...
>>

>> Looks like the cvsup I just ran using ports-all did the trick.
>> Thunderbird hasn't puked yet (although I had to "make deinstall | make
>> reinstall" a few ports to get the updated versions) but sofar it's
>> passed the point of previous failure.
>>
>> Looks like I'll be editing my supfile tonight to see what's been added
>> since 5.x, since that's what seems to have caused the problem.
>>

> Yes. . . net-im is a new one. . .
>
> there's really no reason for not having ports-all in your cvsup file.  I
> mean, we're talking how many meg for /polish /portuguese, etc?

I switched from using ports-all to weeding out the port trees I don't use back
when I was on dialup (not that long ago, actually) and just never switched back.
Since I'm on cable, I won't be so stingy anymore :)

--
It said "use Linux 2.4 kernel or better" so I installed FreeBSD.  Now everything
runs better.  Why didn't they just tell me to do that to begin with?