[nycbug-talk] Another bild problem (Thunderbird 1.0.7)

Okan Demirmen okan
Tue Nov 29 16:35:58 EST 2005

On Tue 2005.11.29 at 13:26 -0800, pete wright wrote:
> of course, if we all used pkgsrc we could build our own packages from
> source keep them in a local repo...come to think of it openbsd's ports
> do this as well by default.  ok i'll take my fire proof suit off now
> :)

heh - yea, openbsd also has PKG_CACHE where if you provide a path, it
will drop the binary packages from that remote install path in there and
then install from PKG_CACHE...best of both worlds.

> /me tries to remember if there is a way to do this easilly w/ free's
> port's collection

i'm sure its got something similar to:
${PKGREPOSITORY} - ${PORTSDIR}/packages/${MACHINE_ARCH}/all
${CDROM_PACKAGES} - ${PORTSDIR}/packages/${MACHINE_ARCH}/cdrom
${FTP_PACKAGES} - ${PORTSDIR}/packages/${MACHINE_ARCH}/ftp

i'd be surprised otherwise.