[nycbug-talk] OpenOffice 2.0 on FreeBSD 6.0 Build Failure (gconf2) - UPDATE

Kevin Reiter tux
Tue Nov 29 21:57:57 EST 2005

Since using ports-all on my cvsup, OpenOffice-2.0 has been compiling/building ever
since without a hitch (for over 6+ hours now.)  It might even finish before I wake
up tomorrow...

Lesson learned:  don't bother trying to save a few MB of disk space by pruning the
ports updates - stick with ports-all .

--
It said "use Linux 2.4 kernel or better" so I installed FreeBSD.  Now everything
runs better.  Why didn't they just tell me to do that to begin with?