[nycbug-talk] Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.0

Anthony Elizondo anthony.elizondo
Wed Nov 30 13:49:01 EST 2005

I don't believe there is a good how-to for installing Oracle 10g on
FreeBSD 6.0. I will venture to make one.

I am using http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200402/oracle.html as a base of
knowledge. I'm using the standard edition of Oracle 10g, version
10.2.0.1.0 from
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html.

First problem is that the installer checks to see if it is running
under a supported operating system. When running it with no 'hacks' I
get:

--- BEGIN
Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4,
UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

Failed <<<<
--- END

Any ideas? None of the steps in Ledbetter's article seem to cover the OS faking.