[nycbug-talk] gpl on /.

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Sat Oct 1 01:20:04 EDT 2005

On 9/30/05, Marco Scoffier <marco at metm.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:21:08PM -0400, Marc Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> >nope open, the easyest way to exploit code is to read the code for
> >bugs and not tell the people who are running their bussiness on it.
> >
> Oh the businesses always find out when there is an exploit,

not always, it depends why the cracker is there, how good he is, what
kind of controls you have on your network and servers etc.  Most
places may never figure out how there compitition got there customer
list.

> I'm a bit suprised by what seems to be an arguement for a false sense
> of security.

think of it as the difference between a locked door and a locked door
with the key taped to it.

marc

--
"We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that