[nycbug-talk] More that one SSL cert per IP/Port?

csnyder chsnyder
Sat Oct 1 11:58:17 EDT 2005

On 10/1/05, michael <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:28:46 -0400 (EDT)
> Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv.com> wrote:
>
> > According to what I can find in the net it seems that it is not easy
> > (possible?)  to have more than one SSL certificate per IP/port in
> > Apache  1.3.X
> >
> > Anyone knows of a way to do it? Is it possible?
> >

> As everyone has already pointed out.. 1 apache = 1 cert.  In my
> experinece, the default virtual domain appears when you
> https://www.domain.com from a browser.
>
> The solution I use is another instance of apache in a chroot or jail.

Really a one-to-one relationship?

I'm pretty sure (darn it) that you can use IP-based virtual hosting to
provide more than one secure site in a single Apache process, provided
the server is reachable on more than one IP address.

The restriction should apply to name-based virtual hosting only.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/