[nycbug-talk] Apache, ftp, samba, etc....

Trish Lynch trish
Tue Oct 4 13:40:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> In either case, when was the last time you did anything CPU bound?  Almost
> every service you're going to run is IO bound by disk or network (or even
> RAM).  The CPU almost always has plenty of cycles to spare.

let me see, I'm currently doing this right now, we do realtime audio and
video processing using FreeBSD hosts to multiplex it, it takes increasing
the rtprio of processes to get them working well, and they are majorly cpu
bound :)

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16