[nycbug-talk] SFS: Self-certifying File System

pete wright nomadlogic
Thu Oct 6 11:11:58 EDT 2005

On 10/5/05, George R. <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> A number of us were talking about remote mapping of file systems
> securely after the NYCBUG meeting. . .
>
> It's SFS Self-certifying File System (it's in the fbsd ports in security/)
>
> Marco S told me about it. . . one of or *the* developer is David
> Mazieres, who I guess taught at NYU last semester, but is apparently at
> Stanford:
>
> http://www.scs.stanford.edu/~dm/
>
> And SFS is here:
>
> http://www.fs.net/sfswww/
>
> Anyone have practical experience with it?

I obviously missed the discussion last night, but quickly checking our the
sfs site it sounds comparable to AFS. was there any discussion on how this
may be different than AFS?

-pete

~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright