[nycbug-talk] Net-SNMP

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Oct 12 13:05:38 EDT 2005

Hey All,

I'm re-evaluating SNMP tools (primarily for trapping) right now for
different deployments, CoLo and local network, and I'd like to settle
on one to use long-term.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Loves/
Hate any in particular?

I'm not interested in a big app which does SNMP trapping, (Nagios/
NetSaint, Big Brother, etc...), used all that stuff in the past- not
too exited.

I'm looking for simple shell tools and daemons, with clean, simple
interfaces.  Bells and whistles are just going to be stripped off and
tossed in the bitbucket...

--
So far I'm going to try Net-SNMP,

http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

Which looks to have a lot of other tools wrapped around it, including
this Python module,

http://yapsnmp.sourceforge.net/intro.html

--
Any good experiences, urls?