[nycbug-talk] Apache and mod_python question ...

pete wright nomadlogic
Thu Oct 20 11:33:20 EDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Aleksandar Kacanski <kacanski_s at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The apr might be thread enabled, but Apache definitely
> is not and I do not know how to enable it without
> going with source distribution and doing it myself.
> ~sasha

(please don't top post ;^)

sure you can. you can tune apache2x in the ports tree to support any
threading model that apache supports. A quick grep of the
/usr/ports/www/apache2 Makefile reveals this:

WITH_MPM?= prefork # or worker, perchild, threadpool

It's been a while since I've had to hack apache, but I think it may be
possible to build the MPM's as DSO's so you can load different threading
models when starting the daemon...or I might be smoking crack on that one...
-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright