[nycbug-talk] diff question

Steve Rieger steve.rieger
Thu Oct 20 12:21:03 EDT 2005

hi all this is the output from my diff

ba_dev                        <
Belgies_Anxxx                    belgies_anxxxx
bradley_axxxxx         |         brad_aaaaaa
brian_avxxxxxx                   brian_avxxxx
Carlos_Trxxxxxx                   carlos_trxxxxxxx
                                      >    carlo_xxxxxxxxx

< means that this entrie is in the first file

 > means that this entry is in the second file

what does | mean, does that mean that these two entries (in this case
bradley_axxxxx         |         brad_aaaaaa) was not found in the
first file and diff just truncated two <'s to one line ?

thanx

Steve Rieger
Cell      646-335-8915
Office   212 804 1131
Fax       212 804 1200
AIM      chozrim
Yahoo riegersteve

if ((light eq dark) && (dark eq
light)
   If light were dark and dark were light
    && ($blaze_of_night{moon} ==
black_hole)                                                The moon a
black hole in the blaze of night
    && ($ravens_wing{bright} == $tin{bright}))
{                                                  A raven's wing as
bright as tin
  my $love = $you = $sin{darkness} +
1;                                                            A
raven's wing as bright as tin
};

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.  All contents are the copyright property of TBWA\Chiat\Day, its agencies or a client of such agencies.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of TBWA\Chiat\Day, its agencies and its clients.  We require that unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail to disclaimer at tbwachiat.com.  We appreciate your cooperation.

We make no warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail and accept no liability for its content or use.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of TBWA\Chiat\Day or any of its agencies or affiliates.