[nycbug-talk] openbsd at price waterhouse japan

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Oct 25 16:57:24 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Marc Spitzer <mspitzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> good article:
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1375194866;fp;2;fpid;1
>
> marc

you know I read this article and had mixed feelings about it. while it's
awesome to see another sucess story, i was a little worried about the whole
"just do it then let the management worry about it after you have made the
change." while it may have been successfull here, i'm sure we all have had
the joy of working on renegade projects...or atleast taking over renegade
projects gone bad. i dunno...maybe i'm just being a grump again :)
-pete

--
> "We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
> form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that
> we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method
> it
> can be for creating the illusion of progress, while producing confusion,
> inefficiency and demoralization."
> -Gaius Petronius, 1st Century AD

~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright