[nycbug-talk] Anyone know of a good source...

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Fri Sep 2 16:26:38 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Vertigo wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 05:09:55PM -0400, Mikel King wrote:
> > Anyone know of a good source for entry level (low 30s) PC Techs? Some
> > one who might be capable of learning MAC and BSD...?
> >

> > Thanks in advance.

> Oh, I see what you're looking for--a place to find a bunch of naive
> computer geeks to give crappy jobs to.  No raises, no benefits, strictly
> off the books.  401K? Yeah, right.  Yeah, there's this corner in Queens
> that always has a bunch of mexicans standing on it every morning.  I
> believe they charge per diem, but my spanish is a bit rusty.
I sense hostility. This attitude is probably why you will be next person
to be fired (or were fired recently).

Fact is, in this industry, you get paid according to your skills. If your
skills justify 150$/hr, you will have no problem finding someone who will
pay you that. If on other hand, you are a PC reboot monkey, you will have
problem finding even 30k$/year job.

-alex