[nycbug-talk] PCCard and FreeBSD 5.4

Marco Scoffier marco
Fri Sep 16 22:42:09 EDT 2005

Sorry its late and you all are preparing to go to the NYCBSDCON early
tomorrow.  I'm trying to debug a laptop which will be embedded in an art
show tomorrow night using FreeBSD 5.4, wanted to get a package on there
and am now going crazy... :)

The PCCard ethernet card is a Linksys which should be supported by the
ed driver.

from http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET
Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PC Card, Combo PCMCIA Ethernet Card (PCMPC100
V2)

so I

enable_pccard = "YES"

in rc.conf and the driver does not take control of the card, I just get
cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0,0 (no driver attached)

Am I missing something.  Is there a way to try to force load the driver on
this card?

Thanks,

I'll miss you guys tomorrow...

--