[nycbug-talk] Great conference!

michael lists
Mon Sep 19 11:22:44 EDT 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:27:50 -0400
"George R." <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> One last note, huge credit needs to go to the core of this thing:
> Ike, Hans, Okan and especially Michael, who hates *any* credit, but
> without whom so little would happen.  He has been an enormous
> fundamental in NYCBUG since the first organizing meeting, yet keeps a
> lower profile than a live chicken at a KFC factory (and he'll
> probably punch me for even saying his name).

The BSD projects should get the lion's share of the thanks.  They work
especially hard to bring us the OS's we love to use and potentially make
our living implementing and administering.  We owe them a debt.  Buy
their CD's, buy their t-shirts, donate hardware, cash, and of course..
beer.  However you can; support them.

Everyone who came out on Saturday to spend the day with us MADE the
conference. We kinda figured there was a lot of BSD usage and interest.
We wanted to bring everyone out of the woodwork and together to meet and
talk.  I am not sure we at NYCBUG knew how strong the BSD community had
become and how much it has recently grown.  I was pleasantly surprised.

In the future, we are going to continue do our part to promote the
community and advocate the BSD projects.  If you are like-minded, stay
with us.  It only gets better.

And.. thanks for the kind words, George.
[cluck-cluck]
Michael