[nycbug-talk] OT: Dell C610

Kevin Reiter tux
Mon Sep 19 12:02:30 EDT 2005

G T wrote:

> --- Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia.net> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>My Toshiba recently died and I'm looking for another
>>decent laptop.  I'm
>>gonna run FreeBSD with something light-weight like
>>flux, so I dont need
>>a huge amount of resources.
>>
>>I found the Dell C610 on Ebay.  Seems to be a pretty
>>decent machine, 1.2
>>ghz with 512 MB RAM for $400 (used of course).
>>
>>Does anyone know of any better deals than this?
>>Does anyone have
>>experience with FreeBSD on the Dell C600 series?
>

> I have Latitude C600 - OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
> Video 1024x768, usb  & drives ok,sound ok, a/b/g
> pccards ok.
> so hardwarewise it's fine - I think
> (except s-video :) did not have time to try...
> donno if possible)

I've been running FreeBSD 4.x/5.x on my Dell Latitude C640 for about 3
years now with no major issues (although the video will only do
1024x768).  I'm ordering a new laptop this week (Dell Inspiron 6000) and
I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it as a backup or selling it, but once I
make up my mind, I'll let everyone know (if anyone's interested, that is.)

Specs:
Dell Latitude C640
BIOS A10
1 GB RAM