[nycbug-talk] Apache, ftp, samba, etc....

Erik Phillips ephillips
Mon Sep 26 20:34:06 EDT 2005

Perhaps someone can help on this project.  I'm trying to intergrate a
web, ftp, and smb server (all on the same box) into our local network,
basically the box will be functioning as an internal multi network
service server (mouthful!!!!)

Anyway, here are my questions:
1. Is there anyway to accomplish this using apache (web server),
pure-ftp (ftp/sftp server), and samba (smb service)?

2. How difficult will it be to secure these services?

3. Lastly, would a jail be an option for the smb service?

I'm going through all my the reference materials (absolute bsd, bsd
hacks, using samba, the handbook, etc.....) trying to piece together
the right combination.  Before I continue any further, is this setup
even possible?

OS=FreeBSD 5.4 box=p4 1.6 with 1.5 gig of memory.

Thanks in advanced,
-Erik-

--
http://www.loftmail.com