[nycbug-talk] Parallel Virtual Machine

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Apr 11 11:57:59 EDT 2006

> Hey All,
>
> A colleague of mine just found something called PVM, which looks like
> a really interesting problem-solver (cheap and easy distributed CPU
> use?):

yea i remember checking it out a while back.  it seemed pretty good if you
are writing a custom application.  if i remember correctly PVM provides C
lib's that allow you to pass messages via network sockets to your cluster
for computation.  unfortunatly, i was never in a situation where i could
use it.

-pete