[nycbug-talk] What client connected to nfsd?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Apr 11 12:19:46 EDT 2006

Pete Wright writes:

>> I may be missing the point of your question since it's not an nfs
>> utility per-se, but,
>> # netstat | grep nfs

Not enough info (will explain)

> you may want to check out showmount

Here is my situation.
I had an nfsd proces which was using up all the I/O the machine could
handle. I could kill it, but another nfsd will again will just pickup the
process.

I am basically trying to tie up the process ID from ps/top to a particular
machine connecting to that particular nfsd daemon.

So.. figure I start out in top, then "m" to view I/O, then
o "total"  to sort..

I see an nfsd with let's say a process ID (PID) 419 doing hundreds
of transactions per second.. and vmstat "b" column shows the HDs are falling
behind with nearly 200 transactions pending.. I now want to find what
machine is connected to the nfsd with PID 419

My guess is that a program was having problems and was doing lots of
transactions... at the client.. problem is that I don't know which
client machine.

I tried tcpdump, but that pretty much showed me all the nfs clients. :-(

Hope that clarifies what I am looking for.