[nycbug-talk] breaking up a big cisco

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Tue Apr 11 18:02:39 EDT 2006

* N.J. Thomas <njt at ayvali.org> [2006-04-11 17:22:36 -0400]:
> * Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> [2006-04-11 17:02:09 -0400]:
> > I noted that  your original email doesn't mention CARP (or Cisco's
> > VRRP) as a tool for providing redundancy.
>
> That provides for router redudancy.

Feh, fat fingered out the rest of the para in vi. I meant to say:

That provides for router redundancy and it is fairly easy to throw in
another router to make the one redundant, but we really only have one
router, so replicating it is fairly easy.

However, the switches are all over the place, and I'm not sure there is
a well documented protocol way to make this redundant other than
plugging in each server into two switches. (Or accept the down time it
takes to replace a switch if something fails.)

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
njt at ayvali.org