[nycbug-talk] time you spend in your tasks

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu Apr 13 19:20:48 EDT 2006

On Apr 13, 2006, at 2:11 PM, David Rio Deiros wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My company uses a proprietary software for keeping track of the
> hours we spend in the projects.
>
> It is basically a web application that allows you to keep track
> of the hours you spend in every project. The tool is called
> proworkflow and it runs in windows. I don't quite understand
> why we are using that tool since 90% of our machines run UNIX.
>
> I see interesting and necessary to keep track of the time you
> spent in your stuff. I just I don't like the tool and I would
> like to have much more flexibility. I would like for example
> to be able to interact with my todo list from the console without
> having to use a browser.
>
> My questions are:
>
> - how do you track your hours? what software do you use?
> - do you know any open source software I should evaluate?

i've heard good stuff about this:
	http://www.secondsite.biz/

not open source - its a pay service - but it does a lot and isn't
that pricey.

its web2.0, so that means an api ( which you could use curl in a
console with ) plus it handles backups and all that.

also means they maintain it, so all you do is pay them once a month
-- to me, thats better than installing and updating open source stuff.