[nycbug-talk] Memory sizing

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 21:07:25 EDT 2006

On 4/22/06, Bjorn Nelson <o_sleep at belovedarctos.com> wrote:
> Marc,
>
> On Apr 22, 2006, at 8:27 PM, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>
> > what needs more explanation, other then Wired which I am not too sure
> > about?
>
> wired consists of pages that can't be swapped out usually part of the
> vmsystem (which would cause a swap loop) or kernel.

ahh thanks

> > [marc at laptop ~]$ ls {/sbin/,/bin/,/usr/bin/,/usr/sbin/}*stat
> > ls: /bin/*stat: No such file or directory
> > /sbin/ipfstat           /usr/bin/stat           /usr/sbin/iostat
> > /sbin/kldstat           /usr/bin/systat         /usr/sbin/pmcstat
> > /usr/bin/btsockstat     /usr/bin/uustat         /usr/sbin/pstat
> > /usr/bin/fstat          /usr/bin/vmstat         /usr/sbin/purgestat
> > /usr/bin/netstat        /usr/sbin/gstat         /usr/sbin/slstat
> > /usr/bin/nfsstat        /usr/sbin/hoststat
> > /usr/bin/sockstat       /usr/sbin/ifmcstat
> > [marc at laptop ~]$
>
> Great tip, hadn't used fstat yet.  It's a good replacement for lsof
> if you don't have it installed.

sockstat is also good for lsof -i, purgestat sounds ike I am reporting
something to stalin.  I need to check the manpage on that one.

marc

--
"We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that