[nycbug-talk] ldconfig

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Sun Apr 23 15:10:19 EDT 2006

i'm going crazy on this one:

I've been trying to get sqlite3 to compile with threads on my freebsd
box.   ( it had a bug that wouldn't let it do it, and was upgraded a
few days ago, but the patch wasn't working right )

I figured there might be some issue with the linked libraries,  so i
tried running ldconfig.

well, ldconfig doesn't seem to work the exactly the same it does on
linux...   and i managed to wipe all the hints.

now my system has neither a /etc/ld.so.conf or /etc/ld-elf.so.conf .
(was it always like that?  i dont know)  and few apps work.

running ldconfig /libexec i can get bash running, but i kill ssh.
ldconfig /lib gets sshd running, but i kill bash

running ldconfig /libexec /lib seems to work .  but obviously my box
is trashed right now and I need to fix it.   and there's got to be a
better way.  google isn't much help, neither are the man pages.  can
someone point me in the right direction?