[nycbug-talk] ldconfig

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep at belovedarctos.com
Sun Apr 23 15:22:03 EDT 2006

Jonathan,

On Apr 23, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> running ldconfig /libexec /lib seems to work .  but obviously my box
> is trashed right now and I need to fix it.   and there's got to be a
> better way.  google isn't much help, neither are the man pages.  can
> someone point me in the right direction?

Maybe you can rebuild your hints off of mine.  You will probably not
need all the /usr/local entries:
bjorn at host=>ldconfig -r
/var/run/ld-elf.so.hints:
         search directories: /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/compat:/usr/X11R6/
lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg:/usr/local/lib/apache2:/
usr/local/lib/mysql:/usr/local/lib/pth

-Bjorn