[nycbug-talk] Introducing some ubiquity to my email configuration

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Tue Apr 25 14:34:55 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:42:59AM -0700, David Rio Deiros wrote:
> The logical solution seems to be IMAP. But if I use IMAP, I am going to
> lose all the procmail filtering magic since the email will be
> stored in the server. Am I right?

I have a very similar setup. I put the mail from a few sources, and a
bunch comes a local SMTP server. I use maildrop instead of procmail, but
the concept is identical.

Anyway, I filter the mail into a series of Maildirs (I'm in a NFS
environment). Then I use an IMAP daemon that groks Maildirs and sees
them as folders. Voila, my Apple Mail client, my Squirrelmail web mail
app, and mutt are all in sync.

-T

--
Blot out sense and sound: