[nycbug-talk] Favor - Compile Check

Kevin Reiter tux at penguinnetwerx.net
Wed Apr 26 00:19:08 EDT 2006

Jonathan wrote:
> If anyone out there has a spare moment and has
>
> 	a- FreeBSD 6.0 ( initial )
> 	b- FreeBSD 6.0 ( upgraded from 5.4 )
>
> can you please try to see if
>
> 	/usr/ports/mail/exim-sqlite
>
> will build on your system ?
>
> There was an error w/the pthreads, it was fixed in a recent patch,
> but I still can't get it to build on my machine.
>
> I contacted the port maintainer.  He double checked , and got it
> running on a 5.4 and a 6.0 machine
>
> I'm thinking that *maybe* it's because I upgraded to 6.0 from 5.4
>
> I just want to confirm that this issue is on my machine only , before
> I give up on running this app.  ( I tried everything, and then some,
> to get this to work.   which led to me corrupting my linked libraries
> this weekend.  )
>
> Thank You.

Worked fine for me on a straight 6.0-RELEASE build from scratch:

root at chronos [/usr/ports/mail/exim-sqlite]# make
=> exim-4.61.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/exim.

<snip>

 >>> exim binary built
root at chronos [/usr/ports/mail/exim-sqlite]# make install
<snip>
Don't forget to add 'exim_enable="YES"' to rc.conf(5)

===>   Compressing manual pages for exim-sqlite-4.61_1
===>   Registering installation for exim-sqlite-4.61_1
===> SECURITY REPORT:
       This port has installed the following binaries which execute with
       increased privileges.
/usr/local/sbin/exim-4.61-1

       This port has installed the following files which may act as network
       servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
/usr/local/sbin/exim-4.61-1

       This port has installed the following startup scripts which may cause
       these network services to be started at boot time.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/exim.sh

       If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a
security
       risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
       ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
       to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

       For more information, and contact details about the security
       status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://www.exim.org/
root at chronos [/usr/ports/mail/exim-sqlite]# uname -a
FreeBSD chronos.unixfun.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Mar
  5 01:00:21 EST 2006
root at chronos.unixfun.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Chronos  i386

Welcome :)