[nycbug-talk] Introducing some ubiquity to my email configuration

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sun Apr 30 13:17:40 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 07:39:55AM -0400, michael wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:44:25 -0700
>David Rio Deiros <driodeiros at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Um.. can you be more precise here? I guess you, for example, filter
>> with procmail the emails from this mailing list, do you drop these
>> emails to an specific directory/folder in the mailbox? If so, how
>> do you do that?
>
>Yes, with a very simple procmail recipe.
>
>:0
>* ^(To|Cc):.*(talk|announce-nycbug)@lists\.nycbug\.org
>$HOME/.lists.nycbug.talk/

Here's another recipe, I remove the subject add-on, then I use
safecat do deliver it in my maildir, using the main dir vs the tmp
dir, the advantage of that is the main dir gets the mtime updated,
so you can sort maildirs according to time of last delivery.

:0 f
* ^Sender:.*talk-bounces at lists.nycbug.org
| sed -e '/^Subject:.*\[nycbug-talk\]/s/\[nycbug-talk\] //g'
:0 a
|safecat bsd-nycbug bsd-nycbug/new

I use ^Sender to help filter mail addressed to both
me and the list, to my personal and list mailboxes.

Addressing the bigger question in the thread. I use
my smtpd to deliver to the maildir(s) in my user
account on the same machine (I do also pop to the
same maildirs for some accounts). Then I use ssh
(when I'm remote) to access mutt on that host. The
limitation is I can only see my mail when I have an
internet connection (or my server is localhost!).

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org