[nycbug-talk] FBSD sysutils/bsdstats

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Mon Aug 14 08:16:24 EDT 2006

Dan Langille wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2006 at 1:14, Ray Lai wrote:

>>> Are you speaking theoretically or do you have practical examples of
>>> such instances?
>> Of course it's happened to me.  Newer daemons are sometimes missing
>> libraries or no longer accept old config file syntaxes.
>
> Anyone else had this experience?

I have, I can't name a specific instance right now although I think I
did have trouble with the dovecot .9x to 1.x transition.  I'm also
pretty sure I forgot to read updating so that one was my fault though.
I think I also had a port change to modern rc.d files and I had to set
the _enable variable in /etc/rc.conf but missed the port message because
portupgrade scrolled it right off the screen so when the server
restarted the daemon did not...

Jonathan