[nycbug-talk] FBSD sysutils/bsdstats

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Mon Aug 14 09:51:40 EDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:16:24AM -0400, Jonathan Stewart wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
> > Anyone else had this experience?
>
> I have, I can't name a specific instance right now although I think I
> did have trouble with the dovecot .9x to 1.x transition.  I'm also
> pretty sure I forgot to read updating so that one was my fault though.
> I think I also had a port change to modern rc.d files and I had to set
> the _enable variable in /etc/rc.conf but missed the port message because
> portupgrade scrolled it right off the screen so when the server
> restarted the daemon did not...

I've had that exact issue with RCng several times, as ports change their
rc scripts.

I've also run into situations with NFS dependencies between systems
that make startup order of daemons very important to get right.

-T

--
I work for an investment bank. I have dealt with code written by stock
exchanges. I have seen how the computer systems that store your money are run.