[nycbug-talk] postgres incremental backups?

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Aug 24 18:26:41 EDT 2006

Hi All,
I have a postgres 7.4.x database which we will be using for a data
warehousing project.  We project the initial database clusters will be in
the ~200-300gig range (served from a NetApp volume).  As I mentioned we
are using release 7.4, as we have experienced stability problems with 8.x
in some specific circumstances.  Is there a good way to do incremental
backups of pgsql db's that does not require taking the database down?  I
guess I am looking for something similar to PITR (point in time recovery)
for 7.4.x.  What are other folks out there using?

thanks!
-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~