[nycbug-talk] postgres incremental backups?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Aug 24 22:52:27 EDT 2006

On 24 Aug 2006 at 22:10, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
> > The only thing I can think of is Slony-I [1]. It should cover all of
> > your needs and give you a safe online way to replicate your cluster to
> > some future 8.1.x or 8.2 when the time comes.
> >
> > [1] http://slony.info/
>
> Just out of curiousity, is Slony the de-facto replication solution for
> Postgres?  I remember last time I looked (quite some time ago) there were
> a variety of solutions...  I don't recall if any were particularly mature
> at the time.

I think it is, yes.  FWIW, I'm about to deploy a Slony implementation
to a financial instituation in NYC/HK.  It took me about a day to
figure out how to use it and get together the scripts for managing
it.  Slony is very feature rich.

Replication is one thing. Learning how to failover is another.  :)

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php